The Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) developed the professional code of conduct to bring members in order while conducting their business. The code of conduct provides the Dos and Don’ts that must be agreed upon by the agent and their clients; and signed before conducting their business. Each national association has a copy of the code of conduct shared for enforcement purposes.
By promoting and enforcing this Code of Conduct, FEAFFA aims to:
- Uphold a high standard of business ethics and professional conduct among Clearing and Forwarding Agents (CFAs) and all other professionals within the freight logistics industry across Eastern Africa;
- Ensure a high level of professional education and experience essential to provision of efficient services;
- Encourage operation of financially sound, stable and accountable Clearing and Forwarding Agents;
- Combat corruption, freight logistics fraud, illicit trade and trafficking of goods and, Persons, including unsafe or controlled substances;
- Provide a framework through which national associations can monitor and enforce Integrity and professionalism in their various jurisdictions.
- Promote healthy competition among operators in the industry.
- Provide the basis for regulating behavior and framework for dealing with errant operators and resolution of disputes.
- Protect and promote the reputation and good public image of the clearing and forwarding industry.