The Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) with the support of USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) implemented a one-year project on the revised EAC Rules of Origin (ROO) from June 2016 to May 2017.
To build capacity for the customs clearing and freight forwarding industry players to effectively apply the revised EAC Rules of Origin.
Specific objectives include:
- Sensitize and orient 1000 customs clearing and freight forwarding agents on the revised EAC Rules of Origin.
- Update and translate the EACFFPC training module on Rules of Origin.
- Train 1000 EACFFPC students across the region on the Revised EAC Rules of Origin.
- Over 1000 CFAs and shippers were reached through the sensitization seminars.
- An information booklet on the revised EAC rules of origin was developed with over 2000 copies of the booklet printed and distributed across the region to support the sensitization of clearing agents and shippers on the revised EAC ROO.
- The EACFFPC module on Rules of origin was updated, a training of trainers’ course mounted and 590 EACFFPC students trained using the updated module across the region.
- 1500 copies of the updated module were printed in both English and French.