The Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) with support from the Commonwealth Secretariat (COMSEC) have rolled out a sensitization/awareness creation on the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) scheme in East Africa. The awareness Programme targets private sector SMEs in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania and enhance their uptake of the Programme for trade facilitation in the region.
- Introduce the AEO program to selected SMEs in the transport and logistics industry.
- Present the requirements for joining the AEO scheme and benefits of operating as an Authorized Economic Operator.
- Support SMEs with immediate interest to enroll on the AEO scheme with the application process.
- Share experiences of business already operating as AEOs with the selected SMEs
- Strengthen collaboration between the private sector and public sector in the implementation of the AEO program in East Africa.
- Increased uptake of the AEO Programme in East Africa for trade facilitation