The Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) and Shippers Council of Eastern Africa (SCEA) and in collaboration with the Africa Economic Research Consortium (AERC) are undertaking a regional study on the Impact of Covid19 on transport and Logistics in the EAC region.
The main objective of the study is to develop the policy options for mitigating the impact of Covid19 on the transport and logistics sector in the EAC.
Specific objectives include:
- To provide an inventory of the key containment measures that were instituted by EAC partner states to curb the spread of C-19 in the transport and logistics sector.
- To identify and enumerate the operational challenges that were faced by transport and logistics industry players at the height of the C-19 in the EAC region.
- To estimate the increase in time, cost and additional complexities encountered in clearing and forwarding cargo during the C-19 in the EAC region.
- To establish gaps in the interventions by EAC partner states in ensuring continued flow of cargo across borders during the C-19 pandemic.
- Propose operational and policy measures that could be instituted to make C-19 and future pandemic responses more effective.